Thursday 11 November 2010

Chivalry is alive and well in London!

hello
So today as you may have noticed I'm in London with the lovely Charlotte Dean.

I left home yesterday with plenty of time to spare, time which I used up trying to find somewhere to park near the station as Ramsgate station only allows daily or weekly tickets not 2 days or 3!

So I huffed up the hill lugging suitcase and was so out of breath I alomost couldn't order my ticket at the booth!

Arrived on the platform with moments to spare. I love the new fast service to St Pancras clean trains, short journey times and a LOVELY ticket inspector/guard who offered to give me directions for my onward journey. What a lovely man, if you ever read this you made my journey, thank you.

On arrival I trolled over to the bus stop, and within seconds a number 91 arrived, my luck was in, or was it? The driver told me he was terminating at Euston 'sounds painful' says I, which meant nothing to me, 'I need to get to Russell Square' I said fluttering my usually engaging eyelashes. 'you need the 56' he grunted back throwing the bus into gear.

I got off and stood dejected by the side of the road, next to me was a tall distinguished older gentleman who had heard me say I needed to get to Russell Square. He told me to stick with him as that's where he lives but he'd been waiting for 20 minutes for a number 56 with no luck. Another lady also needing Russell Square asked me what number the driver said and we stood like 3 lemons waiting for the ghost bus!

Another 15 minutes went by and my lovely knight in shining armour said 'Right ladies follow me' and led the way on what turned out to be only a 10 minute walk. As we passed his house he said 'if you girls weren't in such a hurry I'd invite you in for coffee'. If you ever read this mysterious good samaritan I'd have loved to take you up on your offer but had a client waiting at the hotel with Charlotte already.

So to my 2 chivalrous gents of the day, a big kiss and Thank You X

No comments:

Post a Comment