Tuesday 2 November 2010

Take that ticket touts!


So they're back together with Robbie Williams and embarking on a sell out tour, music to the ears of fans old and new alike? Or music to the ears of ticket touts up and down the country? After listening to many of my friends who took time off of work on Friday to book tickets and spent hours on the phone and Internet only to be disappointed I think it is the latter!


With Progress Live 2011 selling over 1.34million tickets in 24 hours many of those appearing on eBay withing hours at hugely inflated prices. A £55 ticket up for £300 buy it now, free postage and packing mind what a bargain I'll take six!


If I had loving, loyal fans and was arranging a concert I would be rather pissed off if they couldn't afford to see me because of some greedy touts. I would be working hard performing, recording and promoting and I wouldn't be happy to be doing all this to line the pockets of these lazy buggers!


How about a new way of selling tickets along the lines of other industries such as flights or hotels?


Tier 1 £55 - Advance purchase ticket with names printed on them and people have to show i.d. when attending the venue. No refund no changes.


Tier 2 £100 - Advance purchase Named ticket holder's guests. Main ticket holder has tier 1 ticket with linked tier 2 tickets with guest on so if you want to go but haven't found someone to go with yet this is the ticket tier for you. Tier 2 tickets must be presented at the entrance with the main named ticket holder.


Finally Tier 3 - £300 open tickets which can be freely exchanged.


A system along these lines would surely offer the true fans the best way of obtaining tickets. Just one of the things I'd change if I ruled the world ;0)


Honey x






No comments:

Post a Comment